Sales Development Representative
Who We Are:
Lofty is the trusted online marketplace for fine and decorative art. As seen in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, Lofty offers complimentary valuations from our Network of Experts, which includes over 75 internationally-renowned appraisers, dealers, and auction house specialists to ensure accurate evaluations. With stress-free virtual consignment and every transaction on Lofty backed by a 7-day satisfaction guarantee, our platform allows individuals and professionals to buy and sell valuable, authentic items with confidence and ease. A start-up team with offices in New York and the Dominican Republic, Lofty is backed by serial entrepreneur Fabrice Grinda, Peter Thiel’s Founder Fund, Acton Capital, DN Capital and Global Founders Capital.
Who We’re Looking For:
Lofty is currently seeking a goal-oriented, target-driven, and personable entry-level Sales Development Representative. The SDR will directly support our Account Executive Team by generating new business, with the primary focus on scheduling appointments that convert to sales opportunities. The ideal candidate will be driven to meet and exceed productivity metrics in order to crush agreed upon weekly and monthly goals.
You are a quick learner who work efficiently under pressure and who communicates clearly, concisely and constructively. You are eager to be coached but flexible enough to work effectively with minimal supervision when necessary. Resilience, tenacity and a gritty work ethic are essentials, as are the abilities to follow process and prioritize.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our hard-working, passionate and entrepreneurial team and to utilize/develop a broad range of sales development skills. Your contributions will be instrumental as we build our growth machine and continue to develop innovative ways to attract new B2B partners and sellers.
Why Work Here:
We are a hard-working, collaborative, and entrepreneurial team that is passionate about our mission to make buying and selling art and antiques online simple, seamless and secure. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a stimulating, fast-paced and dynamic work environment alongside inspiring and enthusiastic peers.
Required Skill Set:
- College degree
- Strongly self-motivated, methodical, and tenacious
- Independent and reliable
- High emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience cold calling
- Prioritization skills
- Salesforce.com (or other CRM) knowledge desirable
- Eager to launch a career in sales
- Interest in fine art and/or previous experience in the art market is beneficial
Day to Day Tasks:
- Learn and execute proven processes to generate new sales opportunities
- Perform outbound sales prospecting and follow-up activities via telephone and email to develop leads and pipeline
- Qualify leads with the primary goal of determining if interested prospects have compelling reasons to participate in various Lofty programs
- Schedule appointments/demos and provide Account Executives with accurate summaries of qualified meeting agendas
- Consistently meet agreed-upon quotas
- Daily usage of Salesforce and various custom tools to manage time and track lead generation
- Competitive salary and performance based compensation plan (uncapped)
- Opportunity to be a part of the early sales organization
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Supportive and hardworking team
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks
- Team Happy Hours
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter expressing interest in the role and detailing all relevant sales/cold-calling experience to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line of your application. No phone calls please!