Job Title: Summer Internship 2016
Who We Are:
Lofty is the trusted online marketplace for fine and decorative art. As seen in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, Lofty offers complimentary valuations from our Network of Experts, which includes over 75 internationally-renowned appraisers, dealers, and auction house specialists to ensure accurate evaluations. With stress-free virtual consignment and every transaction on Lofty backed by a 7-day satisfaction guarantee, our platform allows individuals and professionals to buy and sell valuable, authentic items with confidence and ease. A start-up team with offices in New York and the Dominican Republic, Lofty is backed by serial entrepreneur Fabrice Grinda, Peter Thiel’s Founder Fund, Acton Capital, DN Capital and Global Founders Capital.
Who We’re Looking For:
Lofty is currently seeking summer interns to assist with a variety of projects across departments, including: Marketing & Lead Generation, Evaluations & Consignments, Buy-Side and Sell-Side Sales, and Post-Sales & Logistics.
We are looking for “Jack/Jill of All Trades” students or recent graduates who are interested in immersing themselves in a start-up environment, who have experience/interest in the art world and e-commerce, and who are willing to roll up their sleeves to help us work through a number of important assignments that will meaningfully impact the entire organization.
You are a quick learner who follows instructions, absorbs new processes quickly, and can work efficiently with minimal supervision. You pay attention to details, and you communicate clearly and concisely with managers and peers. An eagerness to learn, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic are essentials, as are the abilities to see projects through to completion and prioritize.
Sample Projects Include (but are not limited to…):
- Testing a new “Live Chat” feature to procure buyer leads for the sales team
- Assisting the cataloguing team with cross-listing inventory on various selling platforms
- Supporting the marketing team by creating landing pages and blog posts, scheduling social media and developing engagement, and enhancing SEO
- Collaborating with the lead generation team to find and deliver qualified leads to our sales development representatives
- Contacting consignors to ensure accuracy of live listings and update product information
- Working with the Post-Sales team to pack artwork and arrange shipments and deliveries
Why Work Here:
This is an amazing opportunity to gain practical work experience as part of our hard-working, passionate and entrepreneurial team and to utilize/develop a broad range of real world skills. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a stimulating, fast-paced and dynamic work environment alongside inspiring and enthusiastic team members.
Desired Skill Set:
- Current college student or college degree
- Independent and reliable
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (comfort on the phone is essential)
- Prioritization skills
- Interest or experience in sales or client-facing activities
- Salesforce.com (or other CRM) knowledge desirable
- Basic HTML knowledge desirable
- Interest in fine art and/or previous experience in the art market is beneficial
- Weekly stipend
- Supportive and hardworking team
- Open office in the heart of the Financial District
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks
- Team Happy Hours and social events
- Full-time opportunities may become available for qualified candidates
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover letter expressing interest in the intern role, detailing which department(s) are of particular interest and why, and noting all relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for candidates who can begin working in May (or earlier), and who will work through the summer, committing at least 3 full days per week. Kindly include the job title in the subject line of your application. No phone calls please!