Job Title: Consignment Consultant
Who We Are:
Lofty is the trusted online marketplace for fine and decorative art. As seen in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, Lofty offers complimentary valuations from our Network of Experts, which includes over 75 internationally-renowned appraisers, dealers, and auction house specialists to ensure accurate evaluations. With stress-free virtual consignment and every transaction on Lofty backed by a 7-day satisfaction guarantee, our platform allows individuals and professionals to buy and sell valuable, authentic items with confidence and ease. A start-up team with offices in New York and the Dominican Republic, Lofty is backed by serial entrepreneur Fabrice Grinda, Peter Thiel’s Founder Fund, Acton Capital, DN Capital and Global Founders Capital.
Who Are We Looking for?
Lofty is currently seeking a sales-driven, process-minded, and detail-oriented Consignment Consultant to join our Inbound Sales team. The Consignment Consultant will report to the Director of Sales and will be responsible for managing an inbound pipeline of potential consignors and growing a book of business with these clients. The ideal candidate will have a background in fine & decorative arts, and be internally motivated to meet and exceed productivity metrics.
Our team is comprised of quick learners who work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision, and who communicate clearly, effectively, and constructively. Excellent organizational skills are essential, as are the abilities to follow process, prioritize, and multi-task.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our hard-working, passionate and entrepreneurial team and to utilize/develop a broad range of sales, management, and fine art skills. Your contributions will be instrumental as we continue to improve our sell-side processes and provide unparalleled customer service and sales support to Lofty sellers.
Why Work Here:
We are a hard-working, collaborative, and entrepreneurial team that is passionate about our mission to make buying and selling art and antiques online simple, seamless and secure. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a stimulating, fast-paced and dynamic work environment alongside inspiring and enthusiastic peers.
Required Skill Set:
- Degree from a top-tier university (art history major/focus strongly preferred)
- Previous professional experience in fine art and/or the art market (object-based experience strongly preferred)
- Strongly self-motivated, methodical, and tenacious
- Coachable and eager to learn
- Independent, reliable, and assertive
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to recognize issues/problems and propose solutions
- Previous experience in a customer/client-facing role
- Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- Flexible and able to adjust to a growing sales organization
- Salesforce.com (or other CRM) knowledge desirable
Day to Day Tasks:
- Learn and execute proven processes to manage inbound sales pipeline
- Systematic follow-up with inbound leads via phone and email
- Qualification of leads to determine if prospects have an interest in consigning to Lofty
- Item-specific information gathering from prospective sellers so Lofty can evaluate and sell their items
- Daily usage of Salesforce and various custom tools to prioritize, manage time and track follow-up
- Help identify pipeline backlogs and propose long and short-term solutions to manager
- Actively pursue new consignments from existing clients
- Consistently meet agreed-upon quotas
- General customer service and support
- Competitive salary plus commission (uncapped)
- Health benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks
- Supportive and hardworking team
- Team Happy Hours
- Advancement opportunity in a growing start-up organization
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter expressing interest in the Consignment Consultant role to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line of your application. No phone calls please!