Account Manager - Referral Partner Team
Job Title: Account Manager - Referral Partner Team
Who We Are:
Lofty is the trusted online marketplace for fine and decorative art. As seen in the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, Lofty offers complimentary valuations from our Network of Experts, which includes over 75 internationally-renowned appraisers, dealers, and auction house specialists to ensure accurate evaluations. With stress-free virtual consignment and every transaction on Lofty backed by a 7-day satisfaction guarantee, our platform allows individuals and professionals to buy and sell valuable, authentic items with confidence and ease. A start-up team with offices in New York and the Dominican Republic, Lofty is backed by serial entrepreneur Fabrice Grinda, Peter Thiel’s Founder Fund, Acton Capital, DN Capital and Global Founders Capital.
Why Work Here:
We are a hard-working, collaborative, and entrepreneurial team that is passionate about our mission to make buying and selling art and antiques online simple, seamless and secure. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a stimulating, fast-paced and dynamic work environment alongside inspiring and enthusiastic peers.
Who We’re Looking For:
Lofty is currently seeking a target-driven, relationship-oriented, personable Account Manager with proven success engaging and nurturing existing clients. The Account Manager will play an integral role on our growing Referral Team by building rapport and ensuring that your assigned book of clients has long-term success working with Lofty. The Account Manager will become a trusted resource and advisor for designated Referral Partners and will operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients. The ideal candidate will be driven to meet and exceed productivity metrics in order to crush agreed upon referral goals.
You are a polished professional who communicates clearly, concisely and constructively. You are also an adept listener who has fine-tuned your ability to understand client needs, and you and are able to work with a team to develop and deliver comprehensive and custom client-focused solutions. A genuine desire to foster trusting relationships, unwavering persistence and a facility in the art of persuasion are essentials, as are the abilities to establish and follow processes and prioritize.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our hard-working, passionate and entrepreneurial team and to utilize/develop a broad range of relationship management skills. Your contributions will be instrumental as we build our growth machine and continue to develop innovative ways to engage existing B2B partners.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Develop and execute processes to generate new referrals from existing Referral Partners
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate Referral Partner account potential on an ongoing basis
- Perform regular outreach and follow-up activities via telephone and email to ensure assigned accounts are exemplifying optimal engagement in Lofty’s Referral Program
- Identify and evaluate new Referral Partner needs and demands; lead solution development efforts
- Consistently reach agreed-upon targets and account performance objectives by generating a steady stream of new referrals
- Daily usage of Salesforce and various custom tools to manage time and track referrals
- Manage team of virtual assistants to complete administrative tasks associated with Referral Partner Program
Required Skill Set:
- 4-Year degree from a top-tier university
- Account/relationship management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively over the phone and by email
- Proven ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail
- Strongly self-motivated, methodical, and tenacious
- Independent and reliable
- High emotional intelligence
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Salesforce.com (or other CRM) knowledge desirable
- Interest in or previous experience in the commercial art market strongly preferred
- Competitive salary and performance based compensation plan (uncapped)
- Opportunity to be a part of the early Account Management team
- Health benefits & flexible spending
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Supportive and hardworking team
- Stocked kitchen with beverages and snacks
- Team Happy Hours and social events
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter expressing interest in the role and detailing all relevant relationship building/account management experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title in the subject line of your application. No phone calls please!