Adolph Friedlander (1851-1904) was a German lithographer and publisher. He founded the printing firm Friedländer’s in Hamburg and introduced high-quality color lithographs to the market and specialized in circus posters. After his death, the company was taken over by his two sons, Ludwig and Max-Otto, whose customers included nearly all German circuses, as well as others throughout Europe. Friedländer’s also produced posters for fairgrounds, theatre companies, and occasionally for independent variety artists. The largest collection of its works, roughly 800 items, is housed in the Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe in Hamburg.